MASC is currently searching to fill the following position:
Our small non-profit organization is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing and maintaining our day-to-day accounting and financing requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain system to account for financial transactions through a chart of accounts; adhere to bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis.
- Prepare and interpret monthly financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Experience with managing payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports.
Interested applicants should mail resume to:
173 Interstate Lane
Waterbury, CT 06705